Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Week That Was

Sunday already? This past week was even busier than usual, which is saying something. However, I did get four solid workouts in. The Sunday I mentioned already, and the others were Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Thursday night I had a lovely American Thanksgiving Dinner at the home of my friend D & his fiancee T. The turkey was amazing. Apparently it took six hours to get it that good; worth every minute.

I’m building my library of Jewish texts, and on Tuesday I bought yet more books. They were delivered to my school and I had to get them home. So I carried the box downstairs, walked down the street and caught a cab home. I then carried the box from the cab across the street and up the stairs to my apartment. The first thing I did was to get on the scale with and without the box of books. The box turned out to weigh 19Kg, or 42lbs. I was ridiculously pleased with myself for being able to handle this box without help.

On that happy note I went to the gym that night and had a great leg workout. First squats then lunges. I still don’t like lunges, but I suspect that this may be similar to how I felt about ab work. I used to hate ab work, and now I have no problems supersetting it with everything. The third exercise after squats and lunges used to be leg extensions but isn’t anymore. I don’t know what to call the new exercise. It is basically machine supported single leg squats with one leg extended in front of me. The goal is to get to a point where I can do one leg pistols without the machine. (If you're going to dream, dream big, no?) Let’s just say that trying to do this after squats and lunges is an interesting experience. I finished off with grip work and box jumps, although my legs were so tired the latter were really closer to stepping gently over the box than anything resembling jumps.

Wednesday night was back. I wasn’t expecting as good a workout as Tuesday night, because I had a very hectic day at the university and neither food nor water were what they should have been. However, it went better than expected (upright rows followed by pull-downs followed by seated rows all supersetted with abwork. I don't think pullups will come before the end of 2005, but certainly in early 2006.

Class starts in 7 minutes, so more later. :-)

1 Comments:

At 7:54 PM , Anonymous sis said...

ahem. as someone who helped you pack last time, please don't forget that you will eventually be moving again. so stop buying books! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home