Thursday, November 10, 2005

Finally

Today was a day of insufficient sleep, insufficient food and barely any water, but it doesn't matter, because the important thing is that I finally went back to the gym. :-)

I like the new program so far. Today was Chest-Triceps-Shoulders. Flat bench press supersetted with sets of standing crunches, push ups supersetted with sets of leg lifts on bench, skull crushers supersetted with side curls, and seated shoulder presses supersetted with sideways box jumps. Six sets per exercise, but this isn't as bad as it sounds, two warm up sets (50% and 80% of max), three work sets, and one cool down set (50%). The abwork is 6 x 12 for everything.

Gym opens at 8:00am on Fridays. I don't know yet if I will make it in tomorrow as I have to be in the Old City at 10:00am for a walking tour. We'll see how it goes. Day II is squats, lunges, single leg leg-extensions, and grip work to finish. Which makes perfect sense, because by the time I finish all that leg work I'll be thrilled to sit down and do grip work. :-)

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Blogger K said...

Do I want to know what skull-crushers are? They sound scary.

Anyway, well done on getting back into the gym. Your workout sounds pretty full-on; I'd be daunted by the six sets, but whatever suits you!

What I want to know is: has the new Kate Bush album made it out to Israel yet? I haven't heard it all yet myself - my boyfriend is in charge of the CDs - but I'm sure I will soon.

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger chaos said...

Yippee! Mich, you must be feeling so great after your return to the gym.

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Mich said...

k - These are skull crushers.

Also, thanks for the heads-up about the Kate Bush cd. I had stopped checking the web for the release date a few months back because it was one delay after another. I will check the local cd store to see if they have it.

Liz - Yes. As long as "so great" means "screaming triceps." :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home