Friday, October 28, 2005

Wedding Report

The wedding was at Caesarea, right on the shore, which is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Luckily, we made it in time for the ceremony. We ran into serious traffic jams due to the Hadera suicide bombing; police had set up roadblocks to try and catch the terrorist's helpers, and forty plus ambulances had been scrambled from the cities surrounding Hadera to transport the wounded to hospital.

I wore a black skirt and sleeveless brown and black top; neither was new, but I have never worn them together before. It turned out to be a wise choice. I was cold during the outdoor ceremony, but perfectly dressed for lots and lots of energetic dancing. Which there was, both separate Jewish religious dancing (women around the bride, men around the groom), and mixed dancing to pop tunes.

Food was yummy and unproblematic. There were little food stations around the hall and guests went up to get whatever they wanted. By the time I went up to get food, post-dancing, there were no line-ups. I had grilled fish with a side of brussel sprouts and green beans, a salad, and a small steak with one potato slice alongside. For dessert I had a couple of grapes. I didn't feel like anything else. I also had one alcoholic drink at the start of the evening, a mango-strawberry frozen concoction.

Many well-meaning people come up to me and to my unmarried cousins and wished us "b'karov etzlech", which is basically, "May it soon be you [getting married]". At one point I joked to another cousin that if I hear that phrase one more time I will pick up the speaker and toss them into the sea. But I refrained. :-)

Another sign of change: I didn't avoid the photographers. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from this wedding.

So, holidays are done, wedding is done, eating out is done, and life can get back to normal.

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM , Blogger chaos said...

Sounds like a great time, Mich. I forget sometimes the part of the world from which you write. This post reminded me in a big way. The stark contrast between the wedding, dancing, and food and suicide bombs, roadblocks, and terrosits makes for quite a post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home