Saturday, October 29, 2005

Five Things

1. Another Saturday, another walking tour. This time to Mount Zion. We saw Dormition Abbey, King David's Tomb, the room of the Last Supper...

2. My current jeans wardrobe consists of two pairs of Old Navy size 12Short that are too loose, one pair of Old Navy size 10Short that is tight on the quads and perfect everywhere else and one pair of Jacob jeans that were size 13/14, but I got taken in and now they fit. Since wearing clothes that are too loose is a sure way to grow back into them, I bought a pair of jeans on Friday with an eye to getting rid of the 12s. Cost was 130 NIS, which is about $28 USD, and I’ll get a second pair if they make it through the wash.

3. Friday afternoon I went to the market for green peppers, red peppers, bananas, granny smith apples and pickled herring. I ran into one of the gym regulars, who said the gym will re-open on Tuesday. O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! Expect some chortling in my joy on Tuesday if it does indeed open. Probably followed by some groans of pain, but why dwell on that in advance, eh?

4. I found the Monster Name Decoder via Skwigg's. Here’s what it said:


Maiden-Injuring Creature of Hostility


Maiden-injuring? Sheesh. I AM a maiden. Actually, at my age old maid is probably more accurate. :-)

5. The best thing about having web stats is finding interesting blogs via the referrals page. For example, View From the Porch, who has two great posts (here's the first, and here's the second) about people making assumptions about what she knows or doesn’t know, simply because she is a woman.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 PM , Blogger chaos said...

I like the structure of this post. Ordering and structuring the random. Congrats on the new sizes. You'll be in the single digits before you know it! Re: because I'm a woman. I'm finding myself in an interesting situation of mentoring younger female, marginalized grad students. Strange, because that's what I am too. What I tell them: we have to validate ourselves because nobody else will do it for us. So sad that this is -still- the case.

 
At 3:08 AM , Anonymous sis said...

hey, i read that as
Maiden, Injuring Creature of Hostility

see?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home