Sunday, September 11, 2005

Gym, Food, Sleep: Pick Two

Becoming and staying healthier and stronger is a combination of good workouts, good nutrition and sufficient sleep. The problem is, when I am under pressure (a.k.a. normal life) it seems I can only manage two of these at any one time. Right now the gym is steady at 5 times a week, and the food has been mostly although not completely clean, but sleep is scarce. I'm back to full-time classes, and still writing papers for university (the university classes haven't kicked in yet, that will come at the end of October). I'm sleeping 5-6 hours per night, not nearly enough, and then crashing on Saturday, sleeping 12 hours at a stretch.

Gym was swamped tonight. I've never waited so long for a machine before - I needed the cable for my tricep work, but three other people needed it too... I'm in the second microcycle of the new program, which means 12 reps on the work sets. I'm not a big fan of 12 rep work sets :-) even though there's a certain satisfaction in being able to do 12 reps with a weight one could only previously manage for 7 reps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home