Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Tuesday Gym Report: Chest/Push

The new gym bag performed admirably; its owner, somewhat less admirably.

Gym was very quiet, which meant I had a chance to talk technique with man-in-charge at some length. The flipside of this is that since he had all this time to watch what I was doing, he caught a lot more things that need improving. My weights on the flat BP are stuck. Grrr. I did the exact same weights as I did on July 1, before my little hospital adventure. My weights on the close-grip BP even dropped slightly, but that was because man-in-charge had me slow down the first part of the movement and pay close attention to the path my elbows were tracing as I was lifting, focus on keeping the chest high and bringing the elbows in to lock. The good part is that I am getting more comfortable pressing with an arch in my back, the weights on the infraspinatus exercise are way up, and the pushups are getting ever closer to the floor. I can't wait until I'm doing these on the floor rather than against something, and after that, with a weight plate on my back. There's one guy who works out in the evenings who does them with a 45lb place on his back, rhythm like a metronome...

I got out just as things got busy, and now it's back to cleaning and laundry.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM , Blogger chaos said...

Wow, it is so great that you can talk form with your gym owner. You will get through the plateau. Keep up the good work and focus.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home