Saturday, August 06, 2005

Pink

I don't think I want to go to this particular family member for Shabbat meals again. It used to be that the constant badgering to eat more made me feel pressured, and I'd eat more out of politeness. Then the badgering began to amuse me, and I just ignored it. But now the badgering is annoying me, and I see no reason to put myself in situations where I am annoyed. Life's too short for that sort of nonsense.

Y e-mailed me on Friday to let me know that the guy we discussed had removed his profile from JDate, so no go. No worries. I hope he did it because he found the right woman, not because he lost hope.

I spent most of today reading, and I'll be at the Hebrew U library tomorrow morning getting more material for the papers I have to write. My goal for this week is to have drafts for all the papers done by end of day, Friday August 12. In its infinite wisdom, Hebrew U closes down Aug 17-24, so there is no access to the library that week. Since there is no AC in the apartment, I'm going to be spending that week in coffeeshops, writing away.

I felt very bloated today. I was looking at the mirror and seeing myself as larger than I am. So, sensibly, I stopped looking at the mirror. I'm not sure what the reason for the bloat might be. It isn't TOM or even pre-TOM. There was definitely too much salt in the aforementioned Shabbat dinner. I drank almost a gallon of water today, which should help.

I got bored with the green, so I changed the template to pink. There are over thirty different templates to choose from, and that's just on Blogger itself. Just google for skins or templates and oodles more show up. What I will do eventually is code my own, before my xhtml/css skills evaporate entirely for lack of use. However, it isn't going to happen during 2005. This pink one, like the green before it, was created by Jeffrey Zeldman, whose site I used to read all the time when I was coding.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 PM , Blogger chaos said...

Wow, you are good. I am so impressed that you can recognize your misjudged body size and stop looking in the mirror. And i am so glad that somebody else doesn't have AC. I swear that I am the only person left in this city without one. And good for you for taking control of the Shabbat situation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home