Monday, August 15, 2005

My Kingdom for a Soldering Iron

The right earphone of my cd player is dead. I opened it up and it looks like one of the wires has broken away from where it was supposed to be attached. I think I could fix it if I had a soldering iron and some solder (who knew Grade 9 Electronics would come in handy?), but I have no idea where to get them in Jerusalem, even if I had the time. Yes, I do realise that it's probably cheaper and faster to buy a new pair of earphones, but I've decided not to. I'm going to get by on one earphone for now. This should also make me more focused on getting to the 100lbs bench - at which point I will buy myself an MP3 player to celebrate - and it will presumably come with earphones.

Tonight was the third day of the new program. Started with squats, moved on to a sled hack squat but only coming up 2/3 of the way before going back down. Followed this with a barbell hack squat variation that has me sitting on a bench and getting up again, and finished off with freestanding calf raises (on a block, heels together) but this time around I'm holding the DB over my head instead of behind my back. Everything was supersetted with ab work, except for the calf raises that were supersetted with the leg lifts described earlier.

I left tired but happy...

Two people came to see the room in the apartment today. One didn't shut up the entire time she was in the apartment. The other one said that he had actually seen the apartment five years ago when he visited Jerusalem - he remembered the old names by the doorbell. More people coming tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 PM , Blogger chaos said...

Buying an MP3 player to get the earphones. Love it. And also a great reward. Happy lifting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home