Thursday, August 18, 2005

In a Haze

I walked into the gym this evening and no one, no one, was working out. Everyone, without exception, was watching one of the two tvs. Usually they are tuned to an all-music channel, today they were tuned to the news. I would not be surprised if tonight produced some of the highest TV ratings in Israel's history. Man-in-charge told me that everyone seemed to be in a haze today.

I did my workout. Training helps keep me calmer (not calm, just calmer) during this time of disengagement.

Blogging will be sparse while my heart is breaking.

This post at Yourish.com expresses much of what I feel. Several posts at Not A Fish do also. And this post at Out of Step Jew describes a particularly poignant moment.

As I walked home from the gym I saw a beautiful sign hanging at the corner of Aza and Keren HaYesod Streets (I'll take a picture of it tomorrow if it is still there). It had blue, the pro-disengagement colour, on two sides and orange, the anti-disengagement colour, on two sides. It said, "Lamrot Hakol, Anachnu Achim" which means "Despite everything, we are brothers".

Yes.

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM , Blogger Meg said...

::hugs::

I don't know what to say. I understand why it's happening, but I wish, so much, that it didn't have to, that there was a way that things could become better without having to break things. Particularly when we don't know how much this will help.

All my love. Take all the time you need.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home