Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Good Reading: BMI and Pres. Bush

I'm always puzzled when I read a fitness blog and the writer lists BMI among his/her stats. Why bother? I think BMI ought to go the way of the dodo bird, and the sooner the better. See this article by Glenn Reynolds for more.

And kudos to the USA's President Bush for being "the most fit president in US history" (since folks started measuring such things, of course). Exercise 6 times a week, resting heart rate 47 bpm, bodyfat 15.79%, and overall in the 99th percentile for his age group. Sweet!

1 Comments:

At 11:27 PM , Blogger chaos said...

I don't know how I feel about Bush's fitness. On the one hand, it troubles me that he devotes a significant portion of each day to working out. And then goes to bed super early. He is, arguably, the most significant leader in the world and he spends much of his exercising and sleeping? On the other hand, I think that a healthy body is essential for a healthy mind. Hard for me to give him credit for much, really.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home