Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sunday Night Gym Report

Gym was absolutely swamped tonight. I think everyone who missed their Friday workout because of the construction closure came in tonight. Sometimes the gym is like Narnia; its inside is bigger than its outside. :-) Because otherwise, how could it actually fit everyone?

A and TrainerGuy were there, hurling abuse at each other as usual. Remember LW and his comment about guys' exercises? He was also there. At one point he put down the 12Kg DBs to rest after his set of shoulder something or other, and went to do ab exercises. I needed these DBs in order to do my last set of DB shrugs, so I took them, did my set, and then when he came back asked him if he still needed them or if I should rack them. He said he needed them, and I said no problem, I just took them to do my set of girl exercises...

There was a guy there I hadn't seen before, who I am naming WeatherGuy because he had a shirt with the line from that Bob Dylan song: "you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows". WeatherGuy was such a pleasure to watch I don't even mind that I now have the song stuck in my head. He was doing pronated wide-grip pull ups, followed by close-grip supinated chin-ups, followed by dips, followed by sets of push-ups with different hand positions. He did this circuit over and over again. When he was finally done, he topped it all off with decline sit-ups. Wow. And all of this without saying a word the entire time. If you think I have a case of chin-up envy, you are correct :-). But I'll get there. Sooner or later there will be a sternum chin-up in my life.

3 Comments:

At 8:09 PM , Blogger chaos said...

Whoa, seriously? OK, I was feeling all big and proud of my 20lb biceps curls till right now. Wow.

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger Mich said...

Well, WeatherGuy has a slight advantage in this context, being a guy and having all that extra upper body muscle. :-)

(Unless you were talking about my shrugs, which I don't think you were because 12 Kg is only about 26lbs... so if you are doing your curls with 20lbs DBs it's really not that far away.)

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Narnia! You crack me up with all these references that I haven't heard in years. What was it the other week, Blackadder? Obviously we are soul sisters.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home