Monday, July 11, 2005

Monday Morning Gym Report

The most important thing for me was to get back in the gym and have a real workout asap. Sloth, even health-imposed sloth, has a way of ingratiating itself, and before long you find yourself morphing into a solanum tuberosum.

I decided to go in early today because man-in-charge wasn't going to be around tonight, and because I wanted to go to the university in the afternoon. When I got there, we made an on-the-spot decision to continue where we left off. So, no Chest/Push day, but rather Quad Dominant day. Everything felt heavy, and at the beginning especially I kept telling myself to worry about one set, even one rep at a time. It felt good to squat again. :-) We didn't drop weight, either, just went on from where the progression had stopped. Max set today on squats was 35Kg (77lbs), which is still far less than what I was doing last year, but hey, last year I was carrying around 8 extra kilos 24 hours a day, so I'll take it.

Two bonuses: First, out of the blue, a woman I hadn't seen before said to me as I headed to the water fountain, "kol ha-kavod lach", lit. "all the honour to you". It's an expression of praise, like "nicely done!" or "way to go!". I hadn't realised anyone was watching me; the squat rack is set to the side, so you kind of forget about the rest of the gym while you're there. Second, NiceGuy was there and I shook off my social ineptitude long enough to ask what his name was. I found out the source of his accent (Virginia) and the reason he's so nicely built (rugby).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home