Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm Back!

I did go back to the emergency clinic on Sunday night, and they promptly sent me to Shaare Zedec Medical Center, where I have spent the week with Acute Cholecystitis. The name of the hospital means "Gates of Righteousness", from the verse in Psalms 118:19 "Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will enter into them, I will give thanks unto the Lord." (This is Israel, every name here has a meaning.)

More about the hospital stay later. For now, I have to do some intense running around before Shabbat, shopping, laundry, et cetera.

Two notes about fitness: First, I have to adjust the fat in my diet downwards, at least until the surgeons slice and dice and remove my gall bladder. Second, the doctor said I could go back to the gym on Sunday :-) so we'll find out then how much strength I've lost this week. :-(

Stay healthy!

1 Comments:

At 6:19 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Heck! Well, in the lack of anything comforting to say... I'm glad you have a definite diagnosis and there is a treatment available! Please take care of yourself and get better soon.

Surely you already eat a very low fat diet. This is NOT comforting news!

Whenever you feel like distracting yourself, please tell me what it's like with practically a whole country shutting down for Shabbat. For me (in the u.s.) it's hard enough to remember that the grocery store doesn't sell beer until 1:00 p.m. on Sunday. Doh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home