Sunday, July 24, 2005

Clutter Begone

The reason for the de-cluttering is twofold. First, if the bed in the other room proves sleepable, I will move into said room come August, and I don't want to bother moving the junk I don't need, like or use. Second, this Friday from 11am-2pm there is a shuk chofshishi (shuk=market, chofshi=free, shishi=6th or Friday) in Jerualem.

The shuk chofshishi is an event organized by some environmental group (not sure which one; I'll ask this Friday). It takes place on the last Friday of every month. You drop off usable stuff you don't need, and are welcome to take from the available stuff what you do need. It's not a trade: you can take even if you didn't bring anything, and you can bring stuff and not take anything. I plan to drop off all the clothes that are now too big for me, before I do something stupid like grow back into them. :-) The event happens at the Sergei Courtyard, which is where the offices of the Society for the Protection of Nature in Israel are. I've gone once before and picked up Edward H. Levi's book Talks on Education (U of Chicago Press, 1969). My classmate E., being smarter and more practical, got herself a pair of jeans, two small rugs and an electric kettle.

Flatmate #2 said he is leaving his large bookshelf in the room (yay!), so if I do move into that room all I have to buy is a decent deskchair and I am all set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home