Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday Report

Back to deadlifts today. This time around, I had enough sleep, but not enough food. I was lifting around noon, but the only thing I had eaten all morning was 250g of 0.5% cottage cheese, 315g of melon, 1.5 litres of water and 1 cup of green tea. Not enough by any stretch of the imagination. I was a bit slow, and I was not happy with my technique. We removed 7.5 Kg between my max set and my fourth set, just to make sure the final sets were perfectly clean.

Everything after the deadlifts went very well. I just got into a groove and I was pleased with the partial deads, the hamstring curls and the cable kickbacks. The gym was very crowded; typical Friday afternoon insanity. When I was doing my ab work at the end I had to move the mat I was working on halfway through because I was blocking someone's access to a bench. It's unpreventable, because the gym is very small compared to North American gyms. However, the crowded part teaches you to concentrate on your own workout and to not be fazed by what's going on around you.

Doesn't mean I don't take the time to look around during some of my rest periods. :-) Today I saw a young man who looked like a gymnast, only stockier, and he was doing weighted dips. Only when he finished the rep and was at the top of the dip he would add a little v-up. Amazing.

Post gym I went to a contents sale of two schoolmates who have finished their studies and are moving back to the US. I am now the proud owner of a gently used cooking pot. So now I have the means to boil artichokes; unfortunately artichoke season is done. I may buy another pot and a space heater from them as well.

I had planned to go to the market after that to pick up eggs, (yeah, the 30 eggs from last week are all gone). However, because the parents of roommate #1 send him food each week, the fridge is totally full, and there's no room for a platter of eggs. I have enough other protein sources (tuna, cottage, other FF dairy), so I can wait till Sunday to rearrange the fridge and find room for eggs. I finally decided not to go to the market, since it was still ridiculously hot outside, and picked up my Friday chocolate splurge in downtown instead. After I bought it I waited for the bus for what seemed an impossibly long time. I eventually gave up and walked the 30 minutes home, nothing brisk, just a stroll.

Ok, back to my school work now. Can't wait till it's all done and handed in.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Anonymous your sister said...

If you are spending another winter in J-lem, buy the space heater!!! (sing-songy)I'll send you another pair of fleecy pants...
:-))

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home