Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Deadlift Goof #2

I sincerely hope there won't be a deadlift goof #3, but if there is one, you'll hear it here first. This one's a clothing issue. What kind of dingbat wears loose capris on a day that she's going to deadlift? Me, evidently. Here's a clue, if you are going to scrape the bar up your shins, then said loose capris are going to be in the way. Sheesh.

Man-in-charge wasn't there tonight, so I concentrated on keeping my focus and imagining that I was already on my Australia trip, having to lift in an unfamiliar gym with no support. It went well. I'm getting more consistent about moving my shoulders and hips at the right time while I'm pulling the weight up.

The elderly man I mentioned before was there tonight, and he was annoying. When I came in he offered to buy me a chocolate milk from the vending machine, which I politely refused. Then at one point he wanted to help me unload the weights from the bar. I explained to him that I use the unloading time to think about my next set, so thanks but no thanks. I've never seen him offer to help the guys strip the weight from the bar. Ahem. I don't want to be impolite, since he is elderly, but I will be impolite if I have to be. I'm not here to socialize.

As I came into the gym, two women stopped me to ask what I thought about it. They had just visited and are considering signing up. I told them that I've been at this gym for two months, and so far so good. I also suggested that they come to visit at the hours they plan to work out. Twenty minutes later another guy came in and talked to woman-in-charge about joining. I'm wondering if people are starting to worry about getting in shape for wedding season. I know that in North America gyms see a membership spike in January and September, but I don't know what the Israeli equivalent would be. Probably September-October, which is just after Jewish New Year, or April-May, which is just after Passover.

Reading over some of my posts this month I realise there are some typos and grammar slips. My apologies. I am swamped with schoolwork, and I am trying to get into the habit of blogging every day regardless. Two reasons: one, because it helps me get organized, and two, because when I reach my fitness goals I want to be able to look back and see how I got there.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM , Blogger M@rla said...

Typos and grammar slips - god forbid! You get your act together, girlie, or I won't read your blog anymore!

Heh. Thanks for the kind but also insightful comment you left on mine. Who was it said "If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible warning"?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home