Sunday, May 15, 2005

New Lunch Bag

I did get to the gym on Friday and had a good deadlift workout. Saturday I was invited to a lunch picnic, which was very pleasant. Huge selection of food. I had hummus, avocado and lots of veggies. I avoided all the pasta dishes and had one bite of the mushroom quiche, which was enough to convince me that this was not a particularly good mushroom quiche. All topped off with a slice of superb apple pie. If I'm going to eat dessert, it ought to be superb. My one quibble with my eating over the last couple of days was that I was taking in too much salt and not enough water.

So today I upped the veggies, made sure to eat every three hours (it is just after 5:00pm and I am currently having meal #4), and paid attention to the water; I've had 3L so far, and I suspect it will be four by the end of the day. We had a couple of hot days here, so it was not a good time to let the water slip. Normally I don't worry about it as long as I get 2L in, but I may have to re-evaluate that and go to a 2.5L minimum.

I bought a new lunch bag. It is black and bright yellow, insulated, and twice the size of the old one, enough to carry three meals worth of food. I remember a post on the Men's Health message board about a man who bought a Gatemouth bag to hold all his food. I think he was absolutely right. Good food takes up room. And I don't mind being the fat woman with the huge lunch bag: the way I look at it, I'm going to be laughing all the way to the gym.

Insanely busy week coming up. Papers, projects, readings... I just need to stay focused and not let things stress me out.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 PM , Blogger chaos said...

Once again I am so impressed with your rational, measured approach to food and eating. It sounds like you don't berate or get frustrated with yourself. Very inspirational. Thank you! Sounds like you made some good choices at the picnic. Plus, I'm impressed that you are eating every 3 hours. Do you monitor calories? Or eat however much it takes to fill you up? (And power these lifting sessions?)

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger Mich said...

Somewhere along the line it dawned on me that the berating wasn't doing any good. I'm still too negative with myself. My former trainer R used to say that I should give him $0.25 every time I say something negative about myself; he'd make a bundle.
I'll write a longer post about my methodology soon (there's just one paper I need to get off my desk... and this sinus thing hasn't made me a more efficient worker.)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home