Monday, May 30, 2005

Monday Morning WW Meeting

I didn't stay for the full meeting because I had an appointment to run to. I am down a kilo, which I did not expect, especially since TOM is in three days. However, I'll take it. Hello 74.8 Kg, a.k.a 164.9 lbs.

Last night at the gym was not all I wanted it to be. As Sam Cooke sang, "Mama said there'd be days like this". My program uses different rep ranges each week (12, 10, 9, 8), and last night was back to using 12 reps for the max weight set. The good part is that, hey, if I'm back to the 12 rep range, that means that I've been working out in the gym for an entire month! The bad part was that my concentration was off. Man-in-charge said it was more mental than anything else, and said also not to worry. I know he's right, but I want to be stronger. Now, dammit! :-)

I used to have an article about how a woman's max strength cycles through the month. Something about how you're strongest on the day you ovulate and weakest on the day you menstruate. Not sure if I'm remembering it correctly: but it makes sense to me. I'll see if I can dig it up.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM , Anonymous pazu said...

I recently read something about that and creativity too. I'll try and dig _that_ up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home