Monday, April 18, 2005

The Week That Was

So I ate my way through most of this week, not recording anything, not paying attention, not drinking water, not eating veggies. Unsurprisingly, the weight is up.

I had to be in Tel Aviv this morning to pick up some things, so instead of going to the morning meeting I went to the afternoon one. The leader is the same for both. She said that most of the gain can be attributed to the fact that I was weighing-in in the evening rather than in the morning. I'm not sure she's right, because it was an awful week nutrition wise. Happily, one of the things I got was yoga flashcards. Somewhat less happily, I had a croissant for breakfast and cheesecake for lunch. I love cheesecake, especially the old fashioned baked Israeli cheesecake.

Yesterday I bought a scale [something I said I would not do]. It is a beautiful glass/metal contraption (as beautiful as a scale can be, I think) and it was also on sale for 119NIS. I decided that I need to track daily for a while, to see how my weight fluctuates over the month. Besides, it is nearly Pesach, and since I am not going to follow the holiday tradition and buy myself new clothes, I can at least buy myself something new that increases the probability of getting new clothes at some point down the line.

In the evening I went with my schoolmate M to see The Pacifier. It was amusing, and Vin Diesel is so easy on the eyes. :-) There was an unexpected bonus: the film was partly shot in Toronto, and I hadn't known this when we chose it. I kept recognizing bits of Toronto as it went on.

I did call the gym, although I chickened out at the last minute and did not go. It costs 790NIS for three months. Tomorrow I'll go in. Why am I dragging this out so much? What am I scared of?

[This post edited to add details and clarity.]

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM , Blogger chaos said...

Great, hard questions. Let us know what you conclude. Good sign that you went to the meeting despite the week that was, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home