Thursday, April 07, 2005

Thursday Already?

I was supposed to see the play Korczak's Children at Beit Shmuel this evening, but I changed my mind at the last minute. First, I am exhausted (up till 1:10am last night), and second, someone else wanted the ticket. I have two invitations for Shabbat, one for Friday night dinner and one for Saturday lunch. I only discovered today that both are vegetarian. Oh well. I knew that the Saturday host was veg, but the Friday night hosts just said that they would be serving "low-carb" food. I assumed, erroneously, that this meant meat. Apparently not. Still, it was very sweet of them to invite me. I'm just going to eat some hard boiled egg whites before I leave the house.

There's a line in Heinlein's Starship Troopers: "Happiness consists in getting enough sleep." Yup. And I am not getting enough. Next week's goals: water, sleep and veggies.

On Tuesday I am going to look at a new apartment. My current apartment is great, and my flatmates are sweet, but I want to be closer to school, and the apartment I am going to visit is a seven minute walk from school. It's also more expensive, so I have to put all the data into a spreadsheet and crunch the numbers. If I do move, it won't happen till September, since my contract at my current place ends Aug 31.

Today was not a good day for H2O, eating, or anything else. I only packed some cottage cheese for my 11:00am meal. At 1:30 we had Community Lunch, which involved some pretty heavy macaroni and cheese and rice crispy squares for dessert, washed down with Coke and Sprite. Then I didn't eat again till I got home at 7:00pm. Needless to say, I was starving, and after inhaling some sushi I proceeded to eat two cups of Honey Nut Cheerios. I was still annoyed, and was planning to go to the corner grocery store to get some Milky (chocolate dairy treat with whipped cream on top), but then fate intervened in the form of the young man who cleans the stairs in our building. I heard him start washing the entrance and stairs, and decided it wouldn't be nice of me to go to the corner store now and then step all over the just-cleaned floor. So I stayed home instead and got more productive. I put in a load of laundry, boiled eggs for tomorrow, and cooked artichokes.

I have a huge to do list for tomorrow, so tonight I want to be in bed by 11:00pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home