Monday, April 04, 2005

One Week Down

...and one kilogram lost. Stats are on the right, for the detail-oriented. It's a good start, and I am optimistic about seeing the underside of 170lbs next week. On the clothes side of things, I'm excited about the prospect of moving from the Old Navy 14 Short to the Old Navy 12 Short jeans that I brought from Canada with me. Not that they are really 12 or 14 or whatever, but who cares? It's about the general downward trend. I like the fact that Old Navy goes from size 0 to 26 (or thereabouts), something for almost everyone.

I haven't done any point counting, and don't plan to, but I make sure to drink water, and to not let myself get hungry. That means get food into my mouth every 3 hours come hell or high water. So even if some of that food was chocolate or cheerios, most of it was veggies, cottage cheese, tuna, etc., and so the overall totals were not out of line.

The meeting was funny in spots and mind-boggling in others. The main topic was shopping: avoiding buying things we don't need, distinguishing "need" from "want". One suggestion was to make a list and stick to it, another was to buy only the basics in the big supermarket, and visit your local grocery store for other items, so as not to be overwhelmed by the selection and marketing in the big supermarket. The mind-boggling part was a lady who said she lives on vegetable soups and salads. Yikes! I don't think the program has nearly enough emphasis on protein and good fats, but then again, neither do most dieticians and nutritionists. Maybe they'll figure it out in ten years or so.

I still haven't made up the sleep I lost last week, and it is taking its toll. Weather has been very cold and rainy, but we should be up to 21C (69F) on Wednesday, and then to 26C (77F) on Thursday. The sooner the better! Being cold in Jerusalem is unlike being cold in Toronto. Houses here don't have central heating, so it feels so much colder and more miserable. And the temperature drops drastically at night. Tonight is going to be a measly 4C (39F). Funny thing is, I'm still getting my Jerusalem weather from a Canadian web site.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM , Blogger metamorpheus said...

Shalom Mich,
Congratulations on your weight loss. I forgot what it's like! Lol! Nice of you to stop by my site. I look forward to reading about your successes - especially from Jerusalem. I could use a little culture.

 
At 4:13 AM , Blogger Mich said...

Thank you for posting the first comment by someone not related to me :-)
Thanks also for a very inspiring blog (and I don't just mean the design!).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home