Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Legs. Weak.

Legs. Weak. That, folks, was the laconic comment of the man-in-charge at the gym during Tuesday night's leg session. Why yes, yes they are. That's what happens when you turn into a couch potato for seven months. Actually four months. While it was summer in Jerusalem I got a lot of walking done. Once winter hit, I turned into a Canadian polar bear and started hibernating.

I am entirely serious about the next comment: It was a joy to do squats again. We started with regular back squats, bar only, concentrating on keeping my back straight and my butt down. Then we did this diabolical variation where you come up two thirds of the way, pause, go down again all the way, pause, come up two thirds of the way... you get the idea. Leg press next, then a lying scissor-like single leg exercise which I can't find online, but which worked the top of my quads / hip flexors, and finally some ab work. If I understood the progression correctly, this week I'll be doing two sets of everything just to get the mechanics right. Next week we set the weights and do three sets, and the following week four sets, and finally, on some exercises, five.

Food was great all day, but sleep was not, a mere five hours. I'll work on that.

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM , Blogger chaos said...

Hah hah, "legs. weak." Good stuff. Great post about lifting! I have trouble with the sleep stuff too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home