Thursday, March 24, 2005

Hebrew U Food

Today is the Fast of Esther, but I am not fasting. I had breakfast around 7:45 before going to school (cornflakes mixed with honey nut cheerios, 1% milk and a banana; not an egg white omelette, but at least I am having breakfast, and the egg white omelette will happen next week. Promise!). My study partner at school was fasting, however, so I refrained from eating and drinking in front of her. I also forgot my water bottle on the dining room table at home. The result was that I had nothing to eat until almost 1:30pm, when I got to Hebrew University and hit the Education building cafeteria. 5 hours without food and water is not conducive to good nutrition.

The thing about the cafeterias at Hebrew U is that the portion sizes are huge, and the food is inexpensive. For 26 NIS, or about 7 bucks Canadian you get a meat entree with two sides and a 500mL bottle of Coke. I should bring my Rubbermaid container and pack half the lunch so that I have something to eat later in the evening. All the food outlets close at 7:00pm or thereabouts, so if you are working in the library till 9:45pm, forget about food until you get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home