Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Adopting New Habits

I started keeping a food log on Monday. Just noting down what I eat and when. I'm not doing a nutritional analysis yet, just getting into the habit of keeping track of what goes into my mouth. I'll start the nutritional analysis next week with the first Weight Watchers meeting. Just protein, carbohydrates, fibre and saturated/unsaturated fat tracking, nothing complex.

The most important thing this has (re-)taught me is that I need to remember to eat. Three hours fly by, and I need to have access to quality food every 2.5 to 3 hours, or I will end up hungry, which will leads to bingeing on low-quality food, which leads to bloating and gas and is very detrimental to my sunny disposition.

On the first pages of the food log I put the nutritional plan for training & rest days that my trainer had designed for me last year. It is interesting to see how far away I am from that ideal. If I am going to get to that I am going to need a *much* bigger lunch bag.

I would like to go to the gym and work out, but I have a lingering and very annoying cough, which tells me that I have not fully recovered from the flu that floored me earlier this month. I did pack the workout bag though, which shows great optimism on my part.

This Homann interview at T-Nation has some great thoughts about exercise motivation and adherence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home